Thursday 17 October 2013

Hood Bar and Cafe



I believe that this pub has been mentioned in lots of post and articles before, therefore making it quite a legendary pub in the local scene. The one thing that makes it special, is that not only it dishes out nice cool beers, there's also live music playing every night. The live band changes every night and they are all locals. Talk about supporting the homeground talents, the peeps at Hoods' sure know how to do it best!

Basing themselves at the top level of Bugis+, they have seemed to carved out a niche market that keeps going back for enjoyment. Whenever I tried to introduce my friends there, their first reaction would be... Is there even pub there? Whenever I was there, which is usually on Fridays or Saturdays, the place can be packed to the brim even as early as 9pm.

With a nice and distinct decor and high tables mixed with bean couches, once you got a place there, I do not think why anyone would like to leave the place early. My previous trips all ended just before the place closed for the day.

On The Taps: Guiness Draught, Erdinger Wiesbier